DVLA Change of Address, DVLA Change of Name: All we need to know about DVLA UK Driving Licence. In the united kingdom, the driving licence is the official document which authorises its holder to operate motor vehicles on highways and other public roads. DVLA stands for Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Driving licence is required in the England, Scotland, and Wales for any person driving a vehicle on any highway. Generally, UK citizen’s do not have identity cards, a photo driving licence has become the identity cards in the most of country . Identity cards serve many of the purposes such as proof of identity you may use in the bank when open a account or to apply for Driving Licence. Here are some important points that we discussed UK Driving Licence. So here we are going to discuss how change driving license address and name. But before that you can also check for how to apply for DVLA online.
Apply Driving Licence Online
Get your online driving licence for a motorbike, moped, or car from online and save time or money Apply using your Government Gateway ID. If you don’t have one or need to re-register, you’ll get an ID as part of your application. If you’ve already got your provisional driving licence you don’t need to apply again to drive a car.
Follow our driving licence application process to help you fill this form in quickly and accurately.
- Register or Log on
- Security of your data
- Your details
- Your addresses
- Security details
- National insurance number
- UK passport number
- Password reminders
3. Card details
To get your first Provisional driving Licence online apply for car or motorbike you need to follow some steps.
- be at least 15 years and 9 months old
- be able to read a number plate from 20 metres away
- provide an identity document unless you have a valid UK biometric passport
- provide addresses where you’ve lived over the last 3 years
- pay £34 by MasterCard, Visa, Electron, Maestro or Delta debit or credit card
- have your National Insurance number if known
Your licence should arrive within one week if you apply driving licence online.
Why need to Update Driving License?
Here are some of the essential points if someone is not aware of the fact that when they are required to update their driving license, If you fall any of the below categories then you must update your driving license as per the instruction by DVLA and also given below. Also, Avoid unexpected fines from the DVLA by making sure all of your driving licence details are up to date. See our checklist below for guidance.
- Change of address DVLA – Have you recently moved house? If so, then you need to make sure that you have updated the address on your driving licence, even if the move is only temporary. As the details that are mentioned on the driving license should be all accurate, so if you have moved to new house make sure to change the address on provisional driving license.
- Change Name on Driving License – If you have recently got married or divorced and legally changed your name, then you need to make sure it is updated on your driving licence. As the name is one of the important aspect your identity, and from the name only one can identify you. So it is very important that if your name have been changed then it should be also updated on the driving license. So make sure to change name on driving license.
- Medical changes – If you have any health issues that GP had advised you to report to DVLA, make sure you do so to avoid being fined.
- Out of date photo – Your photo needs to be updated every 10 years. If it isn’t you risk being fined.
- Licence expired – If your driving licence has expired it needs to be renewed and this will cost you £20.00 unless you are aged 70 or over in which case it will be free.
So these were the criterias when you are required to update your driving license as soon as possible before you get fined.
How to Change address on Driving License | Change Name on Driving License
DVLA driving licence has introduced a new style photocard driving licence from February 2014:The new photocard driving licence was introduced toward the end of February this year, but current licence holders do not need to panic as you will not be required to update your driving licence until it is due for renewal or you require your details changed (e.g. address, name etc).
DVLA change address: Information shown on the card – full name, date of birth, types of vehicle you’re entitled to drive and the licence’s period of validity – will all remain the same.
However, the card will have a new design and, more importantly, an array of security features which it’s hoped will prevent fraudulent copies being made. The new security features include an extra security holograph and the driver’s picture will appear in black and white and be engraved into several layers of the card. Optical Variable Ink will be used on the card which appears to change colour depending on the angle the card is held. If you are an organisation which regularly checks photocard driving licences you’ll need to be aware of the Changes in DVLA to the cards design.
So if you have passed the driving test before the postcard driving license was introduced then it is not required for you to have the postcard style of driving license as the paper type also remains valid. So need to apply for driving license renewal.
Make sure details on Driving License are up to date
In the past years, it was easy for the drivers to make changes to their personal details, like their address, and this was done by sending their paper counterpart. But now with the DVLA of course, there is no such thing left, there is no using of the paper part of the driving license.
So to update driving license either address change in driving license or change name in the driving license you just need to use DVLA’s online service without giving fine and get your details updated easily.
The recent and updated changes were done are very straightforward so the drivers don’t get panic. To update your driving license you just need to destroy the counterpart of the driving license and make sure that the details are up to date using online portal service.
A final few tips for updating your driving licence
Here we have provided all the details that when you need to update the driving license, their is change of address in driving license, DVLA change of name or any issue. Also how you can update your driving license is a step by step procedure that you can follow to update the driving license.